Saturday, August 11, 2012

Betty Crocker

Yep, you can call me Betty Crocker. Today was a jam packed day.

Chris and I slept in and then decided to go to the grocery store so we could get it over with for the day. When we came home I made two soups to freeze and chocolate chip zucchini cookies. Chris made 4 loafs of zucchini bread when I was all done in the kitchen. Our oven was on pretty much all day. It was only about 70* here today, so the windows were open and it felt pretty good, even with the oven on.

After all the cooking, I worked out on the treadmill for 80 minutes and burned 720 cals. Woot!

The first soup I made was Pasta Fagiloi. Click on the picture for the recipe.







That picture is better than mine, but it really was easy to make. Chris sampled it and said it was really good.




After that, I made stuffed pepper soup. Yum! It was my first time making both of these soups, but I can't wait til fall/winter to eat them! I sampled this one and it was really good.








Then, I moved onto dessert. Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies.

These are amazing! The recipe says it makes 8 dozen, but it really only makes 4 dozen. They are about 140 cals per cookie, and definitely worth every calorie. I had four today. So good!



Source: food.com via Bridgett on Pinterest








Chris baked zucchini bread while I treadmilled. He made two loafs with pecans and two loafs with walnuts. He's made this bread before and it is so good. It's really dense, but still moist.







We went to my parent's house after dinner and brought them two loafs of bread and also some of the cookies.

I've been making two dinners on the weekends to freeze and doubling them so it makes four dinners. I start school August 23rd and I think it'll be nice to have dinners already made when I'm too busy studying to make dinner. Last semester we ordered out a lot, but I think this will be healthier and cheaper.

It was a very productive day and now Chris and I are ending the night by watching some tv while Whiskey sleeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment