Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A ball of emotion

Thank you everyone for thinking of me the other day! I really appreciate all the prayers and positive vibes.

I did another blood test today to check my HCG level. They only went up 600 from Monday. I got that call at 10:30 and the nurse made my ultrasound appointment for 11:30. I'm really happy I didn't have to wait long. I am still spotting today and pair that with my levels only going up 600, I was a mess. I cried at work and the whole way to pick up my mom at her office. Chris couldn't leave work so my mom went with me. I cried a lot of the way to my appointment too. I was sure that they were going to tell me it was over. I was just trying to prepare.

When we got there the ultrasound tech did an external ultrasound first and I saw the little bean. There wasn't much to see since it was so little. I didn't see anything flickering so I just assumed there was no heartbeat. After that, I went pee and then she did the internal ultrasound. She turned the whole machine towards her. I thought that was because there wasn't going to be any flickering heartbeats and she didn't want me to see that. Well about 3 seconds after she started the ultrasound she said I bet this will be music to your ears and we heard the heartbeat! That was the first time I had heard it. It was so amazing! I asked her if I could see the screen and she let me. I could see the little flickering of the heart beat and the baby looked great! I was so happy. She told us she couldn't tell us anything and I had to wait until the Dr could see me.

I had to wait until 1:30 to see the Dr because he was in surgery. While we waited we went to Mejier to get my vitamins and then went to lunch. I was feeling pretty good because I couldn't think of anything the Dr could tell me that could be bad. The baby was alive. I heard it and saw it with my own ears and eyes. Nothing could possibly be wrong.

When I finally saw the Dr he said that I was measuring 7 weeks 5 days. That is the same thing I measured Saturday. I should be 9 weeks 2 days. He didn't seem to be worried about that. I'm a little worried because if I'm only 7 weeks 5 days that means I got a positive test before I was even pregnant, impossible. I'm just trying to keep in mind that the techs just put two little dots on the baby so it could be off and maybe my babe is just small. So I'm trying not to worry about that.

He also said the heart beat was fast. Real fast. 200. He said that it might slow down once the nervous system develops more. Everything I looked up online said that a fast heart rate doesn't indicate a miscarriage could or will happen so I'm feeling better about that. He just said that he can't be 100% sure everything will end ok. He said 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage, which I already knew. He diagnosed me as threatened miscarriage and I have to come back in 2 weeks to get another ultrasound. He didn't seem worried about the HCG levels at all. He said some people just have low ones and with how far along I am the start to even out and then drop anyway.

There also wasn't any blood by the placenta so he thinks my spotting might just be from a pH change in the vagina or something. So so right now I'm not sure what to think. Baby is alive and heart is beating. I'm so greatful for that. I'm just worried about the slow growth and the fast heart rate. Hopefully in 2 weeks it will have slowed down a bit and baby will have had a growth spurt.

I am so ready to leave for vaca tomorrow. I definitely need to relax. Thank you everyone so much for thinking of me! It really means a lot.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on seeing that flicker - that's a good sign! Hopefully at your next appointment little one's done some catching up and measures further along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the news I was so hoping to read. I remember so clearly hearing that little heart beat for the first time. Make sure you rest up and relax as best you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on seeing that heartbeat! My thoughts are prayers are with you and your family for a growth spurt! Enjoy your vacation as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete