Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hump Day Bump Day Week 17

I haven't done a bump post in 4 weeks. Time sure does fly! I can't believe I'm already 17 weeks. I feel like second tri is going so fast.

Week: 17

How Big is Baby: Baby is the size of a onion! The bump says "Baby continues to beef up. Now she's about 5.1 inches long and weighs about 5.9 ounces. Her rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.And she's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat. She's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too."

Weight Gain: About 7 lbs

Gender: BOY!

Names: We have a couple names that we are trying to settle on, but we won't be sharing until baby is born.

Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain and lower back pain. The Dr told me I should start doing yoga for this so I bought prenatal yoga and prenatal pilates and am going to start doing them tomorrow.

Sleep: Sleep has been great. I don't wake up at all during the night and have no trouble falling asleep.

Movement: I've' been feeling flutters! I love it. Baby seems to love Reeses eggs because I can always feel him move after I eat one, which is often : )

Maternity Clothes: I'm pretty much only wearing maternity clothes now and my regular cardigans and a few shirts.

Food Cravings: I've been loving Reeses eggs but that really isn't a new craving for me. I always love them this time of year.

Food Aversions: Nothing. 

Stretchmarks: not yet.

What I'm Looking Forward To: my next ultrasound on Feb 18th

What I Miss: nothing.

Next Drs Appointment:  Feb 18 for the anatomy scan.

Best Moment of the Week: finding out we are having a boy!

**Mobile users can click on the pictures to make them bigger. I noticed they are really small when I looked at it on my phone**


14, 15, 16, and 17 weeks.




7 weeks vs 17 weeks


I almost forgot how skinny I use to be. 



6 comments:

  1. You look great sweetheart! :) Still so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost half-way there! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How exciting! Second tri does fly by fast because its the best trimester, in which you feel the best! Congrats on being so close to half way there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally missed your boy post! Congratulations, you look so great & I'm so glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the progression pics! It's nuts how slowly it all adds on but then you compare and it's like WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your little belly is way too cute! can't wait to have one of my own!! I also think your striped maternity shirt is really cute! yay for halfway!

    ReplyDelete