Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hump Day Bump Day Week 13

Holy moly!! Second tri!! I am so excited to be entering the second trimester. I feel really good. Both of our families know about the pregnancy. All announcements went well. The only thing I have left to do is announce on facebook, which I am going to do Jan 26 when we find out the sex. I had originally planned to announce on New Years, but I'm still too scared/nervous to have that many people know about it. Hopefully, I'll feel better when we know the sex.

Chris's parents bought us our crib and a dresser over the weekend, and my mom is buying us the other dresser that goes in the set. We still have a lot of work to do to get the nursery ready to even put furniture in, so it will be in boxes for a long while, but I'm super excited to have it ordered.


Week: 13

How Big is Baby: Baby is the size of a peach! The bump says "She's about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces, and -- proportion-wise -- her head's now about 1/3 the size of her body. Can you believe she's forming vocal cords and teeth?! And even though she's still teeny, she already has fingerprints. Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy."

Weight Gain: I'm not weighing at home anymore, but I was up 1.8 at my last Dr appt.

Gender: Chris thinks it's a boy, and I think it's a girl. Everyone in our families think it's a girl too. I can't wait to find out Jan 26!

Names: We have names and we are pretty set on them, but they could change and we aren't sharing til baby is born.

Symptoms: I've been having headaches, but that's about it. Ooo and sore boobs still.

Sleep: I get up a couple times to pee, but have no trouble falling back to sleep.

Movement: Soon! I can not wait. I could start feeling movement in the next couple weeks.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity pants now, and I have one shirt that I've worn a couple times. I am going this weekend to buy a couple more tops.

Food Cravings: Not really cravings, but when someone talks about something they ate or want to eat, I instantly have to have it. Today it was pickles and cottage cheese. Yum!

Food Aversions: Nothing. 

Stretchmarks: not yet.

What I'm Looking Forward To: finding out the sex.

What I Miss: nothing.

Next Drs Appointment:  I have a Drs appt Jan 21 and find out the sex Jan 26.

Best Moment of the Week: deciding on baby furniture and having it ordered.

Bump pics week 12 and 13. Something is starting to happen.

Ooo and we got a new bed frame for Christmas from my parents. It's pictured in the 13 week picture. We also rearranged our room so that there is enough room on my side for a rock n play or bassinet. 




And because he is so cute. Whiskey was cold today. It was 5* for most of the day.


Our furniture!!







13 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You are looking so cute! And I love the dog pic too! What color are you painting the nursery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 2nd tri!! ::throws confetti:: You're an adorable little preggly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan on waiting, that's exactly what we did. You look great and 5 degrees sounds awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 2nd trimester! The best trimester of them all! I'm so excited for you to find out the sex of your little one. Either way, I'm sure s/he will be loved. And I love the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post Saturday is all about my fave baby items. So look out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I LOVE the furniture! Also I'm super-way-insanely-jealous you're finding out the sex this month! I have to wait until 2/15! Ohhhhh well!

    BTW, your bump is SUPER cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am getting the itch to have another little one just reading this post! Happy holidays to you and your little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopped by to say hi.... Looking good! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopped by to say hi.... Looking good! Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Whiskey photobombed in the one picture, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing, sweet friend! :) I love the furniture you picked out, too! We ordered our stuff from BRU as well, and we had to drive an hour, too! I can remember trying to plan around schedules in order to pick it up in the 5 days! You're going to love putting it together - it makes everything so much more real :)

    XO!

    ReplyDelete