Monday, May 21, 2012

Bumpday Monday

Week: 4

How Big is Baby: Baby is the size of a poppy seed. According to The Bump at 4 weeks, your baby, now known as a blastocyst, is practically microscopic -- a teeny ball of cells. She's busy settling into her new home (your uterus), prepping for all the crucial development she'll be doing over the next six weeks. The ball of cells is splitting into the embryo (your future child) and placenta.  Baby's neural tube, the building block of his spine, brain and backbone, is already formed.  The amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning for your baby.

Weight Gain: Zero
Gender: Chris and I both think it's a boy. My friend Lauren's 3 year old boy and 4 year old girl both told me it's a girl though, so we shall see.

Names: We have both of our names picked out, but I don't want to put them out there yet. Maybe in a few weeks.

Symptoms: Extreme tiredness, bloated, cramping, starving when I wake up, extra thirsty and I have to pee a lot.

Sleep: Sleep has been fine. I've woke up a couple times to pee in the middle of the night, but I'm sure that's because I'm drinking so much water.

Movement: too early for that, but I can't wait!

Maternity Clothes: none

Food Cravings: chocolate icecream

Food Aversions: none but the first couple days after I found out I felt sick right after I would eat.

Stretchmarks: none

What I'm Looking Forward To: my first drs appointment!

What I Miss: nothing yet

Next Drs Appointment: I haven't called to make it yet. Chris switched jobs and his new insurance doesn't start til June 8th so I'm waiting til then to call.

Best Moment of the Week: getting a positive pregnancy test! and being able to tell our families.





1 comment:

  1. i am so excited to read your weekly updates now that you are expecting!

    ReplyDelete